Thursday, September 12, 2013

Made by You...Blankets

These blankets were made by June Simmons. I hope she doesn't mind that I tag her here. She made two of the white blankets and three of the flannel blue. These blankets are just darling. My 9 year old put their hand and i-pod touch next to the blankets so you can see how small they are. This adorable blanket was made by my little sister's friend, Stephanie, who is now on a mission for the LDS church. I made three of these little dinosaur blankets. They were very easy to make and they are minkie material so they are super soft. I am so excited to have these blankets finished. Now to bag them and get them ready for the hospital.


 I am constantly in awe at the talent people have and their generosity in donating blankets to us. It really helps. Even just one blanket makes such a huge difference. My dear sweet aunt has been experiencing some medical issues and in all of her pain and treatment she has been diligently making blankets. How incredible the human spirit is. I am so blessed to be able to watch, be part of and hear all the amazing stories that have come from this project. The blankets are trickling in and starting to add up. Thank you for all of your help and donations. One reader recently e-mailed me and asked if she could just donate material, since she doesn't know how to sew. The answer is Yes. We have many helping hands who can take the material and make blankets. We will have more pictures coming soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment