Thursday, September 12, 2013

Our Ammon Lily

Many of you know that we were not given the opportunity to bury our baby. So on days when we are missing him or our heart aches to hold him we don't really have a place of our own to go and feel near him or remember him. 5 years ago when we moved into our house we planted a tree in honor of him. It was our Ammon tree. One day I am hoping to have an Ammon garden, a peaceful little slice of heaven in our backyard. A few year or two after we planted our tree we found a white lily and I knew that needed to be part of our growing "Ammon" garden. Shortly after we rented our house out and moved. I took my Ammon lily with me. Then before moving back to our home (after the renters moved out) I decided that I would plant my Ammon lily at my parents house. Grandparents need a place to go as well or something in their possession to remember him.


 One day after work, I drove over to my mom's to pick up my girls and there was our Ammon lily blooming, it was bigger than both of my hands put together. It was the largest bloom I had ever seen from this little plant, in fact my mom had to tie it up so it wouldn't fall over. It was like my little boy was sending me hugs and kisses from Heaven, as if he were saying I am watching over you Mom, I love you! I took pictures so I could always look back and remember this moment. I am so glad that my little Ammon lily is being watched over and cared for by my sweet parents and that they have a little slice of pure sweet Heaven in their garden too.

No comments:

Post a Comment